• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink delays 01/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyY

Apparently a train broke down (?) at City Thameslink station.
I wonder why this happened? Is this something related to overhead <-> third rail power change?
What was done eventually to move the train out of the way?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

westcoaster

Established Member
The train encountered issues changing from dc to ac. Had to have a full reboot, was moved out of the way into Smithfield sidings.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
There were two breakdowns.

One at City doing the DC-AC, stationary for about 45 mins from 1610.

Then one of the services that had been stuck behind it failed just north of Kentish Town, albeit the driver got that going again after 10 minutes.

bramling

Veteran Member
There were two breakdowns.

One at City doing the DC-AC, stationary for about 45 mins from 1610.

Oh dear. With the full service now being barely a year away, how can anyone think this unreliable railway is ready? It's so obviously going to be a complete disaster.

(And, of course, it's not good enough for the current users either).

Timrud

I missed my connecting train stuck in the queue from Croyden to St Pancras

jon0844

Veteran Member
Oh dear. With the full service now being barely a year away, how can anyone think this unreliable railway is ready? It's so obviously going to be a complete disaster.

I think it can be made to work, but have serious fears over what the plans will be during disruption.

I can't imagine how trains running late can get their paths on the ECML (or vice versa coming from the ECML) so assume lots of trains will run fast and skip stops, or terminate early.

Can there be any other way to get the service back on track when it goes tits up?

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
The train encountered issues changing from dc to ac. Had to have a full reboot, was moved out of the way into Smithfield sidings.

Do the drivers have any option to try a partial reboot (just the systems directly related to the switch over) or is it always a full reboot?

GW43125

Established Member
Just be glad it's an 8. FLUs have no option but to run back south as they don't fit in Smithfield

Deepgreen

Established Member

It is a disaster. The 700s continue to fail to provide a reliable enough basis for the intensive service that is (supposedly) to come. I was at Blackfriars yesterday afternoon going south and the northbound was locked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.