• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink meltdown 02/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class315

Wednesday's meltdown was understandable in my opinion as there was an incident.

However a broken down train in the core shouldn't take up until the next day to sort out in regards to delays as such. These things should be expected and anticipated.

I type this now as I just found out that my train to work has been cancelled with no reason given.

As the disruption was so severe, it spanned shift patterns affected drivers on early turns finishing, thus affecting afternoon drivers signing on due to relieve the morning drivers for example, units where returned to the nearest siding and because of the nature of the initial location & then being rescued at 5mph & then the unit suffering from reported dragging brakes that then further compounds the issue. As the core was shut, on the GN the train service managers reformed a few services that blocked FPK, I should know I worked one in/out of Kings Cross to start a Cambridge service. But then the legal requirement for PNB’s have to be considered, amongst remembering now that many units have been stored in various sidings that they were not planned to finish at subsequently leaving some stabling points oversubscribed with for example FLU’s & undersubscribed with RLU’s and possibly not enough, drivers to maintain an overnight service & move units into the correct position for the following morning’s service.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.