• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Bloxwich Spelter works branch line

Status
Not open for further replies.

HullSimplibus

Found myself extremely interested in Bloxwich spelter.

I know it came of the 'Cannock Chase Line', however i'm more interested in what type of workings went there, when the last one was e.t.c

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harbornite

Established Member
Trip workings from Bescot ceased in 2006 and the branch was disconnected/lifted in 2013; Apparently, 66s were cleared for the branch towards the end of its life but I don't know if they were ever used instead of 37s.

HullSimplibus

Trip workings from Bescot ceased in 2006 and the branch was disconnected/lifted in 2013; Apparently, 66s were cleared for the branch towards the end of its life but I don't know if they were ever used instead of 37s.
Its sad really - it seems as if our freight industry is slowly being flushed down the toilet.

HullSimplibus

I know my (ex working) canal boat carried spelter between Ellesmere Port and Bloxwich in the mid 1950s.
Wow.

I would have loved to have seen that. However, there seems to be a lack of info/photos of Bloxwich Spelter and the transport to/from it. I have a Freightmaster book from 2001 however, which shows a working between Bescot and Bloxwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.