• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Cardiff Liverpool bus connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris217

More likely a coincidence really but a few
snippets from history here.
Firstly,I moved from Cardiff to Liverpool in
1989,and I was a big fan of Cardiff Bus back then!
When I moved up here I wasn't planning to continue with my bus interest but soon had a passion with all these lovely Atlanteans we had up here.
Anyway,the first connection was seeing 2 ex
Cardiff Daimler Fleetlines with Village Tours. They were the later K reg ones with Leyland engines known as k-liner in Cardiff.
Forgive me for not remembering the reg's I think one was WUH 557K.
Anyway,a few months on
CMT got 3 ex Cardiff Leyland Nationals 216-218 JBO 346-348N.
In 1990,CMT also got 220/221 JBO 350/351N.
I seem to recall an ex Cardiff Bristol VR Alexander 394 working on 82A's for Merseypride.
In another coincidence,but not quite the same,there was a company called Rest & Ride using ex West Midlands Fleetlines.
The connection here was they used ultimatic ticket machines using City of Cardiff ticket rolls lol.
Ex Merseybus Ailsa Volvos went to Cardiff Bus for further use and Happy Al's got some ex Cardiff Olympians.
More recently,some of our Stagecoach Darts ended up at Stagecoach Wales Porth depot,and saw and photographed a few of these at Cardiff Bus station.
Sorry for lack of dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.