• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Changes - BBC children's series 1970's

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidal

Does anyone remember this one?

I managed to get a copy on VHS and transferred it to digital, quality is poor. The story is about British society being overcome by a fear of machinery and only a young girl and several foreign companions can go anywhere near machinery. I'm not sure how it would play out these days! Nice bit of BR blue though in the titles.

James.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Does anyone remember this one?

I managed to get a copy on VHS and transferred it to digital, quality is poor. The story is about British society being overcome by a fear of machinery and only a young girl and several foreign companions can go anywhere near machinery. I'm not sure how it would play out these days! Nice bit of BR blue though in the titles.

James.
Love the Western charging out of Box Tunnel (if that’s where it is?)
Is that the Severn Bridge (now the M48) also in the clip?

87electric

I remember this vividly. So many adult themes for a kid to get their head around.
In recent times the controversy surrounding electromagnetic waves and their known/unknown effects on the human body always reminds me of this “kids” show.
I’ve recently read of a fascinating University experiment with bees and their hives. Two mobile phones left in a hive with the signal operational between them. The interference of the waves on the bees evoking confusion, silence and then anger, resulting in the abandonment of the hive. Never to go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.