• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Disused Leamside Line

ForgottenRail

Hey everybody, I’m fairly new to Rail forums so please bare with me. I came to ask whether anyone on here has any good footage of the Leamside line in operation? I’m too young to have any video myself and finding footage is becoming increasingly difficult so please reach out to me if you have any. Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lakeland844

Hey everybody, I’m fairly new to Rail forums so please bare with me. I came to ask whether anyone on here has any good footage of the Leamside line in operation? I’m too young to have any video myself and finding footage is becoming increasingly difficult so please reach out to me if you have any. Cheers
The last regular traffic ran over Leamside in 1991 a long time ago now - there was some video footage in the old Rail Freight Today North East videos of that period - if you look on You Tube there is some footage on with DRS Class 20s track lifting train near Tursdale Junction at Ferryhill circa 2012 - beyond that I can't help