• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Fife "Flyer": Queen Street <->Fife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

keppoch69

On Moderation
Hello folks. I am someone who occasionally uses the railway, or buses. I do not drive.

Long story but most of my time/skills are required in Fife, & I reside in Kirkintilloch, nearest railway station after the 1960s is, Lenzie.

1N79 looks an ideal service for me to get rather than all the faffing on/off at Croy, then the Haymarket shuffle. I note this service does not serve Croy - Hallelujah, which makes me wonder that it will not be the usual sardine tin on wheels at that time of day?

I am only back at my own place for 3ish days at a time once a month, to check for post/air the place, do laundry.

Just wondering if anyone who has used this service, not just the regulars on the old Caledonian Railway line, can give me an idea of whether with a rucksack & suitcase I would be able to board at Lenzie??

My friend is struggling with his own health needs & caring for both parents with multiple health issues. I thank you all for your knowledge over the years of reading this fora, especially the couple of "Planners" who are members, & them explaining how, the railway works.

I previously used to get the Motorway express into Glasgow, then the Stagecoach Fife out. That is at least the same cost as the railway, plus is not as easy to change.

Thank you for your time, & I hope I have no triggered anyone. Sorry. x

Status
Not open for further replies.