• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Missing Link - 17 March 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious about this one - organised by UK Railtours, includes the Bletchley Flyover down to Swanbourne - but I didn’t realise the line was still there.

Later it is going up to Claydon Junction via Quainton, presumably because Claydon to Swanbourne no longer exists, but why was Swanbourne to Bletchley retained and when did anything last use it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chester1

Established Member
Curious about this one - organised by UK Railtours, includes the Bletchley Flyover down to Swanbourne - but I didn’t realise the line was still there.

Later it is going up to Claydon Junction via Quainton, presumably because Claydon to Swanbourne no longer exists, but why was Swanbourne to Bletchley retained and when did anything last use it?

The line between Bletchley and Newton Longville landfill was relaid in 2006. The line is unusable from there to Calvert but Swanbourne sounds better on a brochure than a landfill yard!

The line between Bletchley and Newton Longville landfill was relaid in 2006. The line is unusable from there to Calvert but Swanbourne sounds better on a brochure than a landfill yard!

Thanks for that - had no idea. So does the flyover see regular use? If so, what goes over? Thanks

TrainloadCoal

Thanks for that - had no idea. So does the flyover see regular use? If so, what goes over? Thanks

Tri-monthly test train and is also used as a siding when the WCML is closed from Bletchley Drayton Road Jn for spoil trains.

The length of the line is almost a mile long and runs along peoples’ back gardens.

duffield

Established Member
There's a fairly recent cab video (in 3 parts) of a train going over the viaduct and up to the stop block at Swanbourne, just search for Bletchley flyover on Youtube.

DarloRich

Veteran Member

Nothing uses it on a scheduled basis other than NR test trains form time to time. It is used as long siding/reversal point for engineering trains as required. I might book on that ( not that i do spotter tours you understand ;) ) because I need the track ( not that i record track or anything) via an official train.

Any ideas on stock or likely traction - i assume a pair of 66's

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I might book on that ( not that i do spotter tours you understand ;) ) because I need the track ( not that i record track or anything) via an official train.

Any ideas on stock or likely traction - i assume a pair of 66's
Not that it matters :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.