• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The next station is...!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
I agree with Buttsy, as far as I can see in table 226 nothing from Cardross goes to Helensburgh Upper. Thus I am obliged to say Craigendoran.

I am unsure whether I should apply the leg penalty for the time gap between the postings of Cardross and Craigendoran here. Without the dispute, there would be no doubt that I should, however it does seem very harsh when the delay has been down to a dispute such as this. Thoughts?

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I agree with Buttsy, as far as I can see in table 226 nothing from Cardross goes to Helensburgh Upper. Thus I am obliged to say Craigendoran.

Accepting your posting of Craigendoran, I shall respond with...

Helensburgh Central......and the points
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The next leg will start at Bynea
I am unsure whether I should apply the leg penalty for the time gap between the postings of Cardross and Craigendoran here. Without the dispute, there would be no doubt that I should, however it does seem very harsh when the delay has been down to a dispute such as this. Thoughts?

Since an official HOLD was called, the matter was then subject to an adjudication requirement to be decided by a member of the senior contestants on this particular quiz, some of whom have been away either on holiday or subject to onerous work commitments.

If a time delay subsequently ensued as a result of the decision of the adjudication being made, this must be seen as a factor exterior to the normal posting requirements and as such, should not be a matter seen as to be worthy of the application of a time penalty. This is my personal view as "father-figure of the quiz".

With regards to the cumulative points league table, am I correct in thinking the last monthly table was published on posting # 45316 on 1st June 2013 ?

Last edited:

Buttsy

Established Member
Paul, you rotter!!!!!!!!! That was mine!!!!!!! ;)

I would say that the time should be taken from the incorrect posting to the call for adjudication and from the adjudication to the time of the next valid posting.

Accepting your posting of Craigendoran, I shall respond with...

Helensburgh Central......and the points
The next leg will start at Bynea

Since an official HOLD was called, the matter was then subject to an adjudication requirement to be decided by a member of the senior contestants on this particular quiz, some of whom have been away either on holiday or subject to onerous work commitments.

If a time delay subsequently ensued as a result of the decision of the adjudication being made, this must be seen as a factor exterior to the normal posting requirements and as such, should not be a matter seen as to be worthy of the application of a time penalty. This is my personal view as "father-figure of the quiz".