• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The next station is...!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gnolife

Established Member
Guys, I'd like to suggest a change to the scoring system. As it currently works, the table that Clagmonster produces considers every round of this quiz. This means that, in the most recent one of these tables, posted on 02/09/12, included below, there is a 1900 point gap between first place and second place, a 2300 point gap between second place and third and fourth (which, unusually, were tied in this table). This means that for any newcomers, they start at the bottom of the table, and are very unlikely to be able to reach any of the top 3 positions. I would therefore suggest having it as either a fortnightly or a monthly league.

(Clagmonster, 2nd September 2012)
Latest scores:
Robinson 7420
clagmonster 5503
Paul Sidorczuk 3267
gnolife 3267
Eagle 1643
Lampshade 978
DanTrainMan185 752
MattE2010 516
STKKK46 366
Class172 360
Statto 282
Ivo 265
Temple Meads 174
GNERman 135
headshot119 66
sonic2009 54
150222 34
alexf380 31
Mojo 28

Robinson

Suggestion taken. I believe adtrainz still has the final say on this quiz...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Kemsing

Robinson

St Leonards Warrior Square... please note I will be away for the next 10 days so my availability on these threads will be extremely limited...

clagmonster

Established Member
Bexhill
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Guys, I'd like to suggest a change to the scoring system. As it currently works, the table that Clagmonster produces considers every round of this quiz. This means that, in the most recent one of these tables, posted on 02/09/12, included below, there is a 1900 point gap between first place and second place, a 2300 point gap between second place and third and fourth (which, unusually, were tied in this table). This means that for any newcomers, they start at the bottom of the table, and are very unlikely to be able to reach any of the top 3 positions. I would therefore suggest having it as either a fortnightly or a monthly league.
I will look into this and there will be PMs going around for consultation before I take it to Adtrainz and the quizmasters. In the meantime, if anybody has any thoughts on the matter, please could you PM me.