• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The next station is...!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

adtrainz

Sorry for not checking up on this recently. Time to clear up a few things.

With regard to the terminal station issue, I asked when I first joined the thread what was meant by this and used Lowestoft and Bourne End as examples. I was informed that as the station is not a 'through' station, in that there are buffer stops meaning a reversal is required, then it would NOT be valid. Accordingly, stations such as MIA, Hull, Battersby, Inverness are not considered through stations even though they have through services.

I thought this was clearer. It doesn't depend on the station, it depends on the route out of a station. If you must pass through a station already passed through, then the leg is over, as per rule 4.

When starting, an amendment has been made to rule 1 to clarify:
There are two or more different stations that can be reached from it, on separate lines.

Thus, a station such as Inverness becomes a valid starting station.

With regard to the 'pick-up/set down' only stations, these I consider to be valid moves as they are shown in the timetable as stops on that service. I recently played Dalmuir - Falkirk High even though Dalmuir is set down only. Accordingly, I would expect that any Scottish sleeper move would require the next stop to be at Carstairs or one in northern England (with the exception of the Fort William sleeper as this is shown to stop at Edinburgh).

Pick up and set down only stations, to avoid confusion, are valid so long as a service stops there.

There has also been an issue about going back to a previous leg to resolve a dispute. To avoid a drawn-out, crazy mess of an incident, once a leg has been completed and the first post of a new leg started, the previous leg cannot be edited in any circumstances. This will be a new rule.

adtrainz

Rule changes always come into force after the current leg is completed.

I've investigated more into yesterday's situation.

Yes, there was a failing in the rules which led to what happened yesterday and I apologise as a result. Even more so to Trainfan344 who lost points on a leg that became a real mess. We continue as we are to avoid confusion, but for the loss of points I can only apologise.

Last edited:

gnolife

Established Member
Rule changes always come into force after the current leg is completed.

I've investigated more into yesterday's situation.

Yes, there was a failing in the rules which led to what happened yesterday and I apologise as a result. Even more so to Trainfan344 who lost points on a leg that became a real mess. We continue as we are to avoid confusion, but for the loss of points I can only apologise.

Thank you for taking the time out to clarify the rules to prevent more confusion like the last two legs, and also, thanks for making my local (MIA) a valid starting station :D

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
There has also been an issue about going back to a previous leg to resolve a dispute. To avoid a drawn-out, crazy mess of an incident, once a leg has been completed and the first post of a new leg started, the previous leg cannot be edited in any circumstances.

This will be a new rule.

I now feel vindicated in approaching adtrainz (who wrote this game and its rules) over this recent matter and this rule clarification should see an end to harking back to already completed legs.

I note that the new rule is shown as a new entry of rule 10 in the rules section on the very first posting of this particular quiz.

I still feel that Trainfan344 has been unduly harshly punished for a matter that was no fault of his whatsoever and feel that he has done well to reconsider matters.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Anyway, Knutsford anyone?

Let matters recommence with....

Mobberley

Last edited: