• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The next station is...!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
South Hampstead
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
London Euston
Adjudication request:
The 07:00 Manchester Piccadilly-London Euston, which I assume is the service TrainFan344 has in mind, is scheduled to stop to pick up only at Stockport Edgeley at 07:07. Does this pick up only stop make such a move invalid? I'm unsure whether this has cropped up before.

Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Adjudication request:
The 07:00 Manchester Piccadilly-London Euston, which I assume is the service TrainFan344 has in mind, is scheduled to stop to pick up only at Stockport Edgeley at 07:07. Does this pick up only stop make such a move invalid? I'm unsure whether this has cropped up before.

This is one reason why I did not make a follow-up posting.

If the train stops at Stockport to allow passengers either to embark or disembark, logic would suggest that service cannot be classified as a DIRECT non-stop service.

Last edited:

clagmonster

Established Member
Indeed, a PM has been sent to Adtrainz to ask him to clarify the matter in the event that we do not achieve a resolution.

adtrainz

I did think this had already been addressed...

Pick up and set down only stops count as normal stops to avoid confusion.

In which case, we return to Manchester Piccadilly, the last post before the invalid submission.

Trainfan344

Established Member
Atherton

I did think this had already been addressed...

Pick up and set down only stops count as normal stops to avoid confusion.

In which case, we return to Manchester Piccadilly, the last post before the invalid submission.

Sorry for the confusion, I thought there was an morning train first stop London was all.