• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Official DVSA Guide to Driving Buses and Coaches 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Official DVSA Guide to Driving Buses and Coaches - Does anyone know where I can get a copy (paper or digital, but preferably digital so I can highlight important parts) of the most recent version of this?
The official Safe Driving For Life / DVSA website has the page for it as "Page not found" and says:
DVSA said:
Please note. the following titles are currently unavailable but we expect to have more stock soon:

• Driver CPC for LGV drivers
  • Driving Buses and Coaches
But it's been saying this for the past few weeks.
Amazon only has the version from 2008.
TSO Shop lists the version from 2020 in paper form only but reports it as "out of stock" and implies they don't know if/when it will be back in stock.
If you search the web you can get the Amazon page for the 2020 version but again it's out of stock and they don't know if/when it will next be available.

Second question:
I currently have access to the paper publication of the 2016 version, but was advised that it is out of date.
Under "Limits and Regulations" and "Overhead cables", the final paragraph reads:
The Official DVSA Guide to Driving Buses and Coaches said:
Open-top buses MUST NOT pass under the electric wires of tram systems or over railway level crossings with overhead electrical conductors.
Ever since I moved to a city with trams though (a few years ago), I've seen the open-top tour buses driving underneath their electric wires. Is the above rule one of the rules which has changed since the 2016 version?

Thanks in advance for all suggestions and replies.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Towers

Established Member
I've seen the publication on the shelves at WH Smiths recently, if that helps!

omnicity4659

Yup, WHSmith had it in my local branch, although check the edition as they had older copies on display too. I'd suggest that only the larger WHS stores will stock it.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Yup, WHSmith had it in my local branch, although check the edition as they had older copies on display too. I'd suggest that only the larger WHS stores will stock it.
Certainly not in mine, and never has been!

Try here:

John
The advert says "new edition", but gives no date. Could it be an old advertisment still on display selling the previous edition?
From doing a reverse image search it appears to be the 2020 version, I'm not sure how often these things are updated though.
Anyway though that looks like the CPC guide rather than the driving guide, I'm not sure how much of a difference there is between the two...?

richw

Veteran Member
From doing a reverse image search it appears to be the 2020 version, I'm not sure how often these things are updated though.
Anyway though that looks like the CPC guide rather than the driving guide, I'm not sure how much of a difference there is between the two...?
There was changes to tacho graph record keeping in August 2020 that may not have made a 2020 edition if that is something covered. DVSA have now started enforcing that new legislation.

Status
Not open for further replies.