• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

the opc

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyb2687

hi all

Unfortunately failed my psychometric test on tues on the wafv vigilance test. I did however pass everything else. The question is am i able to request any feedback or a copy of my results from the opc directly. I am annoyed as the lights timed out in the room so everything went dark and the guy taking the tests got up and switched them back on which distracted me however it is what it is. I stayed around long enough to find out id only failed one of the 6 tests but would like to know what standard. Tia

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

You can email them for feedback. They've responded to me in the past, however they may not give you all the info you ask for.

LCC106

Established Member
It’s an EXTREMELY long shot but you could always explain about the lights to the OPC and the fact it was a distraction that you feel directly hampered your performance on the day and therefore you feel the results are unfair. See what they say about it. There is the very narrowest of narrow margins that they may allow you to sit this aspect again. I wouldn’t be too hopeful though.

It’s an EXTREMELY long shot but you could always explain about the lights to the OPC and the fact it was a distraction that you feel directly hampered your performance on the day and therefore you feel the results are unfair. See what they say about it. There is the very narrowest of narrow margins that they may allow you to sit this aspect again. I wouldn’t be too hopeful though.

Definitely worth a try

Lumpa6259

Definitely, The purpose behind the whole process is that it is a fair and equal reflection for all participants. The incident that has occurred has hindered you and essentially your test has not been under the same conditions as other candidates. Request politely that you are allowed to re-sit this aspect again under the same conditions.

Intermodal

Established Member
I wonder how long I can make my location on this f
Definitely, The purpose behind the whole process is that it is a fair and equal reflection for all participants. The incident that has occurred has hindered you and essentially your test has not been under the same conditions as other candidates. Request politely that you are allowed to re-sit this aspect again under the same conditions.
This wording is excellent and I would advise writing a very polite letter with this contained within it!

tommyb2687

thanks for the input i know it sounds like sour grapes ill let you know what they say however im not hopeful as 3 phone calls have got no further response than "we will take your number and get back to you"

Mark16

Good morning. I was also with you when the lights went out on the day and failed the exact same way. I wrote an email to Sarah as soon as I got home but did not get a response. I have managed to get through to her now and she said it’s getting looked into but her manager is in isolation so she needs to wait until they can talk about it.

tommyb2687

Good morning. I was also with you when the lights went out on the day and failed the exact same way. I wrote an email to Sarah as soon as I got home but did not get a response. I have managed to get through to her now and she said it’s getting looked into but her manager is in isolation so she needs to wait until they can talk about it.
hi mate
i emailed her as well fingers crossed for some good news i was foaming on the day so just had to leave. i havnt had a response from her however i will email her again i really dont think it was fair as they tell you throughout the day exactly what is going to happen and find it strange we both failed the same test cheers

Mark16

Yes hopefully it’s good news and we can start again from the vigilance test and not have to do the full day. When she asked for my feedback I explained that I thought the light failure contributed to my results and she did say she would also email her manager at the opc to inform them.

LCC106

Established Member
Good that both of you have contacted her about this. Strength in numbers hopefully and the wording about fair test conditions is spot on.

tommyb2687

Yes hopefully it’s good news and we can start again from the vigilance test and not have to do the full day. When she asked for my feedback I explained that I thought the light failure contributed to my results and she did say she would also email her manager at the opc to inform them.
would we need to resit all the computer tests or just the one we failed it may be a long shot but well worth a try

heard back today unfortunately cant resit the test never mind will hopefully get another shot at some point

Last edited:

LCC106

Established Member
It was worth a try. At least you know what to expect next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.