• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"The Samaritans" at Wolverton Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

colchesterken

Saw them at Ilford when I went to see the 317s at Aldersbrook sidings
Shame they have gone to an 0845 number I would have thought finding the right change if your about to end it all could put you off making that call

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jollycam

Saw them at Ilford when I went to see the 317s at Aldersbrook sidings
Shame they have gone to an 0845 number I would have thought finding the right change if your about to end it all could put you off making that call

I think you'll find most people will call from a mobile phone now-a-day so loose change isn't generally an issue, in-fact, do many payphones still take cash? Also the 0845 number is the national number, each branch also having a local number.

There is an EU initiative to have pan-european, harmonised, free-to-call numbers for support helplines of social value (for which the Samaritans will we the contact in the UK for emotional support), so in the future all calls will be free. However I don't think it's clear who will actually provide the funding for all these free calls, as the Samaritans can't offer them free currently (they receive around 2.5 million calls a year and at the end of the day they're a charity).

Status
Not open for further replies.