• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Are any other members on this forum players of this - addicted to this game as I am? I've been playing it since it first came out and am now at level 35.

Here's my town (as it was at level 30 a couple of months ago):

For those who haven't seen the game yet, click on the logos to see the relavent version of the game:

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Heinz57

I have the game and it is billiant. Certainly one of the best mobile games I've seen.

I was addicted to it at one point, I must admit. I'd play it for ages, then be back on it again an hour later. I've managed to beat the addiction though and its been a while since I've been on.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I am usually on it every day, but there are probably on it more than me - since in the week it's usually twice a day. Perhaps we should post our Origin IDs so we can visit each other...

dw97979

wbbminerals

Is this game bloatware? When I first downloaded it the updates were greater than the initial download and it always takes ages to load.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Usually there is a longer loading time because it connects to the online server.

Anyone else seen the new Halloween update — the more friends you have that play, the more prizes you win.

Eng274

I'm on level 35 too, not got the iPad handy to post a screen shot, but in a nutshell it started off looking like a town but gradually as I've grown weary of paying for space I've just shoehorned later buildings into any old space. Currently saving up for the knowledgeum, a steal at a quarter mill..

It is immensely addictive I agree, I've never yet won a bet at the greyhound racing though!

Clip

Established Member
Love it. But when my nexus7 crashed so I lost all me data. And now that Ive broken me Nexus 7 somehow Itll be a while till I play it - probably when I buy the latest one.

The only issue with it is the time for the tasks is too much. And im not buying donuts to speed it up

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I'm on there.

Slightly annoying as I beat an addiction to Mafia Wars - at least this I can do on the bus when I'm unlikely to be doing anything else useful.

Only at level 15 so far - I'm deerfold on there too.

Most annoying thing is how quickly pop-ups come up and I've used my doughnuts.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I would add you, but my town seems to have been reset to Level 1 (:x) so I can't; I'm trying to get this sorted out. I do have a separate account - which I rarely use, but may see some use now!

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Well at least my account has been fixed now... and granted 1000 goo for the inconvenience. :)

I have got this game.

I am building the kwik-e-mart, which is going to take 3h55.

Can I turn off my phone and still build it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I have got this game.

I am building the kwik-e-mart, which is going to take 3h55.

Can I turn off my phone and still build it?

Yes - things still happen when you're not playing.

Wait until you get the buildings which take 36 hours to build!

Deerfold

Veteran Member
And cost $350,000!

Wow.

My most expensive so far has been 54k.

But I've still a few levels to go (at 31 but still doing lower level quests).

I did hear there's one in Krustyland that takes 5 days to build.

Finding the sections for Squidport frustrating - there's no logic to each one costing more and taking longer to produce than the last one.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Wow.

My most expensive so far has been 54k.

But I've still a few levels to go (at 31 but still doing lower level quests).

I did hear there's one in Krustyland that takes 5 days to build.

Finding the sections for Squidport frustrating - there's no logic to each one costing more and taking longer to produce than the last one.

If you're at level 31 then you will soon find the prices should rise quickly as the level multiplier takes effect:
Level 36: x3
Level 35: x2
Level 34: x1.8
Level 33: x1.7
Level 32: x1.6
I think it is something like that, with lower levels using the base building prices.

Yes, the Tooth Chipper takes 5 days to build; I haven't got round to doing it since I'm in no rush to build the Krustyland. It costs 36000 tickets.

The aim with the squidport as far as I know is to slow down the players with lots of money and endless resources, instead of finishing it within the week.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
If you're at level 31 then you will soon find the prices should rise quickly as the level multiplier takes effect:
Level 36: x3
Level 35: x2
Level 34: x1.8
Level 33: x1.7
Level 32: x1.6
I think it is something like that, with lower levels using the base building prices.

Yes, the Tooth Chipper takes 5 days to build; I haven't got round to doing it since I'm in no rush to build the Krustyland. It costs 36000 tickets.

The aim with the squidport as far as I know is to slow down the players with lots of money and endless resources, instead of finishing it within the week.

Ouch hadn't realised that - annoying as the main reason I've been rising through the levels fast is that I've been trying to raise the money for things...

And I'll then get even more XP as I try to raise the even higher prices for buildings.

I'm struggling to get enough to buy more land to put everything on at the moment.

Ah, in my case the Squidport has been sucking up my scant resources alongside everything else.

Eng274

I'm in the same boat, but the squid port is as complete as I'm happy to bankroll it to be. The spinster apartments have been waiting for several levels now, and all these damn Halloween ghosts malingering I've grown frustrated with the stagnation that I've come up against.

AntoniC

I love this game as it occupies me on my boring commute to and from work every day.

I'm upto level 35 now and am saving my money for Thelma & Selma apartments as well !.

Clip

Established Member
Ive broke my Nexus 7 so have lost everything :(

Well I say broke - its a screen problem but not the common one.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Did you have an origin account registered with your town? If so then your town is completely safe.

Clip

Established Member
Ahh yes I think I did sign up for it. Well reminded, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.