• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The V8 series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSlash

Established Member
Alright gang,

Does anybody else watch the Australian V8 touring cars :?: I've just been watching some of Bathurst, pretty good and very tight because of all the safety car incidents, including Paul Radisich hitting the wall head on at about 150mph
If you currently don't watch, but like your motorsport, you'll love this.
6 Litre V8... :headbang:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

afterburner

I watched it ... but that's mainly because I've been watching it for years as I am originally from that part of the world (New Zealand). It's an institution in the Southern Hemisphere...

Nice to see Lowndes win - I've always been a fan of his.

They actually use 5.0 litre V8s in the race cars to give some sort of parity between the two makes - the Holdens run the old 5.0 litre Holden made V8, and the Fords use the 5.0 litre Windsor V8. Quite different to the road cars - the Holdens run the 6.0 litre alloy LS2 Chevrolet pushrod V8, and the Falcons have a 5.4 litre OHC multi valve V8.

TheSlash

Established Member
The official website isn't great for tech info, i knew the road car was a 6.0 litre so i presumed the race version would be the same. Still mental though 8-)

Status
Not open for further replies.