• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Theale to Lawrence Hill Off Peak Return Availabillity

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk688

On the BR Fares website, there is an Off-Peak Return from Theale to Lawrence Hill ticket for £20.15, set by GWR with the Q8 restriction code, yet when I attempt to purchase this fare from the GWR Website these are the only tickets available. Given the Q8 code appears to be far less restrictive in terms of the trains that it allows you to take , if I wanted to purchase it which retailer could I get this fare from

1677691154393.png1677691325544.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
You will need to set a via point of Westbury as it is a slower route and may not otherwise be offered.

cactustwirly

Established Member
On the BR Fares website, there is an Off-Peak Return from Theale to Lawrence Hill ticket for £20.15, set by GWR with the Q8 restriction code, yet when I attempt to purchase this fare from the GWR Website these are the only tickets available. Given the Q8 code appears to be far less restrictive in terms of the trains that it allows you to take , if I wanted to purchase it which retailer could I get this fare from

View attachment 130025View attachment 130026
Other retailers are available...

penguin8967

As the Berks and Hants line is currently shut beyond Theale towards Westbury there's no via Westbury option available on the date you've chosen (which looks to be tomorrow, the last day of the works).

Haywain

Veteran Member
As the Berks and Hants line is currently shut beyond Theale towards Westbury there's no via Westbury option available on the date you've chosen (which looks to be tomorrow, the last day of the works).
Via Basingstoke and Salisbury (I haven't checked for valid routeing) or using rail replacement bus through Newbury?

penguin8967

Via Basingstoke and Salisbury (I haven't checked for valid routeing) or using rail replacement bus through Newbury?
It doesn't look like there's any replacement buses running beyond Bedwyn in the direction of Westbury.
1677706618730.png

Adding 'via Westbury' to the journey planner sends you on a diverted B&H service (Reading to Westbury via Swindon/Melksham) but still charges you the 'not via London' ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.