• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

thello BB 36000 at Dijon

Status
Not open for further replies.

camperdown9

Chestfield, Kent & Chatillon Sur-Seine, Burgundy
Hi

(Before you read this and :rolleyes: I am aware that I know nothing about trains. I love spotting trains, taking photos of trains and reading about schedules and services. But thats it I don't know a lot and 99.9% of you reading will know more than me. I am simply here to learn. So please go easy on me)

Today we were in Dijon and the car park we usually go to was closed so we got directed to a car park thats right next to the train lines. This for me is fun and I would of been more than happy spending an hour or so watching the coming and goings. (rather than shopping)

Parked up was BB 36015 wearing the thello livery. So my question is what was it doing at Dijon?

Do thello change traction in Dijon?
I had thought (i'm guessing wrongly) that the the same traction unit would pull the train all the way from Paris to the Italian boarder. Is this not the case?

IMG_0002_zps89bmeuke.jpg

Thanks in advance

Alex

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TRAX

Established Member
Dijon is the base depot of the BB36000 units which are owned by Akiem. Thello also runs services from/thru Dijon.

Status
Not open for further replies.