• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

This waiting room is for bus passengers and kiosk customers only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaw S Hunter

Established Member
Whilst the Interchange is across the road from one part of the shopping street, it is no closer to the town centre overall.

But it is now closer to the railway station making integration a little easier: what's not to like? As for the market traders I think they miss the fact that the Trans-Lancs bus no longer brings hordes of Seniors in from the east of the county on a cheap day out.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dentonian

Established Member
But it is now closer to the railway station making integration a little easier: what's not to like? As for the market traders I think they miss the fact that the Trans-Lancs bus no longer brings hordes of Seniors in from the east of the county on a cheap day out.

I think they miss making a living - and Bolton is not alone judging by BBC Breakfast interviews in Doncaster this morning.

And, many of us miss the Trans-Lancs. No p**sing around travelling through Manchester with poor connections, gridlocked traffic and long walks that have to be surmounted now. Funny how completing 2CC has reduced traffic congestion in Manchester..............NOT!!!!

Shaw S Hunter

Established Member
I think they miss making a living - and Bolton is not alone judging by BBC Breakfast interviews in Doncaster this morning.

And, many of us miss the Trans-Lancs. No p**sing around travelling through Manchester with poor connections, gridlocked traffic and long walks that have to be surmounted now. Funny how completing 2CC has reduced traffic congestion in Manchester..............NOT!!!!

The reality is that all physical forms of retail are in decline, there's no reason to think that market trading should be exempt from this. Problem with the Trans-Lancs was just how few non-concessionary passengers used it off-peak, and why would they when the parallel stopping services along most of the route ran at decent frequencies. Even my own trips on it mostly date back to the days when you could "Hound Around for a Pound" on Sundays.

175mph

On Moderation
A social hub. There used to be a sign up in the waiting room at Wells bus station advising people that the waiting room was for people waiting for a bus, rather than for people to sit in all day!
Do you ever remember seeing anybody being shooed out of that waiting room because of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.