• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thought This Might Raise A Laugh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

34067James

I believe 60040 made around 4 return trips. The stock brought was 4 Mk2d Opens & an Mk2d TSO. I hope the snaps I have tagged on are OK; I will add more tomorrow. Regarding the tank trains there have been 4 this year (see the other snaps). I have more photos of the gala including my avatar
(47703), 47715 & 31108 which all performed impecably over the weekend.

I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT ALL THE PHOTOGRAPHS INCLUDED IN THIS POST HAVE BEEN TAKEN WITH CONSENT OF RAILWAY STAFF

Nice 8-) was it busy at all with the passagers as it was being hauled by a 60? ,I guess it beats seeing the DMU's they have there :D So they have three diesels then 2 47's & a 31.

Where are the oil streaks down the side?! Can't have a tug without oil stains! :shock:

A photo of 074 to see what I mean http://daviddawson.fotopic.net/p52767813.html

Although I doubt you'd want to ruin it like that ;)

You would of thought they would off cleaned the loco, If they can clean the royal Skips then I am sure they can clean the Teenage Cancer Trust livery Tug :?:

James

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Doorslammer

Well, I almost had an expensive one last night...

Testing the closest platform track to the control panel and with a sort of dead zone on the approach to it, I decided that a bit of speed to get it through that zone should be in order. Works every time for the 37s, but this time I was using a 158. Well, before I knew it, it lept the track, ploughed through the level crossing lights and was heading for the edge. I then prepared myself for a leap to the floor and a catch, fortunately it ground to a halt one third off and two thirds on. :oops:

It's amazing how public one's mistakes can be in the living room... :lol:

PS Thats the 'clean slate' marked now...

wensley

Established Member
Nice 8-) was it busy at all with the passagers as it was being hauled by a 60? ,I guess it beats seeing the DMU's they have there :D So they have three diesels then 2 47's & a 31.

James

47703 is HNRC owned and is 'stored' on site - The loco only hauls the occasional train with owners consent

47715 is owned by WR members so makes a few runs but due to it's weight it is unable to haul full diagrams constantly as the track is said to be unable to withstand it.

31108 is and A1A locomotives machine that visited with the 60 it was removed on the Monday in convoy with the 60 & stock.

31166 is still on site (see pictures) but is in scrap condition.

I have tagged on a couple more pics in case you are interested!

Attachments

• P9200058.jpg
    P9200058.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 12
  • P9200063.jpg
    P9200063.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 10
  • P9200069.jpg
    P9200069.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 9
  • P9200041.jpg
    P9200041.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF5212.jpg
    DSCF5212.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF5213.jpg
    DSCF5213.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 10

34067James

47703 is HNRC owned and is 'stored' on site - The loco only hauls the occasional train with owners consent

47715 is owned by WR members so makes a few runs but due to it's weight it is unable to haul full diagrams constantly as the track is said to be unable to withstand it.

31108 is and A1A locomotives machine that visited with the 60 it was removed on the Monday in convoy with the 60 & stock.

31166 is still on site (see pictures) but is in scrap condition.

I have tagged on a couple more pics in case you are interested!

Thanks for that information so is it just DMU that they use most off the time? I notice on one off your shots that the MK II stock is part off the EWS set, you can see the EWS logo on the caoch on the 31 shot.

Do they plan on using Steam trains again?

Regards
JAmes

wensley

Established Member
For The Next Couple Of Weeks A Strenghtened Service Including Weekdays Is In Operation For Santa Specials. These Use The DMU ( 101/108 ). On the 4th January 47703/715 will be hauling a standard diagram (3 return trips) as this is the last day of the operating season. On the 5th of January the line's annual engineering period will commence until some time in March when the line will re-open. Until the start of May limited service is operated. At the beginning of may the summer timetable begins with 3 trains most days and 3 trains every day in July, August & September.

Mid-August to early September could well see steam operation again and a 1940s weekend has been scheduled for next year in time with steam haulage. The steam train will leave in early September allowing DMU to haul daily service until the diesel gala which will run from Friday 25th - Sunday 27th of September. October will see Tu, Fr, Sa & Su running with some additonal dates whereas November is expected to see Sa & Su running only. The Decmeber timetable is unique due to Santa specials.

Regarding the EWS stock there were 5 coaches on loan from EWS (thanks due) which helped the gala go ahead at the last minute and under difficult circumstance. A 7 coach train was formed using WR stock and this train was long enough to sit on the level crossing at Bedale during boarding on the Remdire - Leeming Bar trips.

Will add some steam pics shortly,
Jonathon

Last edited:

wensley

Established Member
Steam Piccies :D

Attachments

• P8200024 Correction.jpg
    P8200024 Correction.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 9
  • P8200031.jpg
    P8200031.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 8
  • P8200034.jpg
    P8200034.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Rob ties 80105 onto the stock Correction.jpg
    Rob ties 80105 onto the stock Correction.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 7

34067James

Oh nice you had a Standard 4MT T with you that would off been fantastic to see in the Yorkshire Dales 8-) Do you know where abouts it came from?

James

Status
Not open for further replies.