• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'Through' trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't new. I used to go Stockport to Bescot on a through 304 - stopping service to Stoke formed a stopping service to Birmingham formed a stopping service to Walsall

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I'm not sure this thread is the best place to discuss this, but anyway...

Nothing prevents anything being operated or advertised. If a route is 50km (31 miles-ish) or more it must be operated under EU drivers hours rules. This requires a digital tachograph to be fitted to the vehicle. These are expensive to fit, especially when you have a fleet of possibly hundreds of vehicles, and a PITA for operators admin-wise. It is cheaper and easier to put a note in the timetable saying that the service has a guaranteed connection somewhere.

For further reading, download the guide to Drivers Hours Regulations from the VOSA website, then decide which set of rules (domestic or EU) you would most like to operate your bus services under...

you are trying to use facts against a 'kipper/ beleaver , it's like mud wrestling with pigs ...

lejog

Established Member
Last time I saw it the Goole - Leeds went into p15 and was coupled up to another unit or two and headed to Neville Hill.

The Goole morning service seems lead a varied life. Next Monday it arrives at Leeds at Platform 15A at 8.16am, then runs as empty rolling stock at 8.27 on a circular tour of Wakefield Kirkgate (halfhour break), Wakefield Westgate back to Leeds Platform 11c at 9.34 (5L99), before setting off back in passenger service for Sheffield at 9.48.:-?

I know platforms are a precious resource at Leeds, I didn't realise trains were "stacked" at Kirkgate.

Last edited:

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
The Goole morning service seems lead a varied life. Next Monday it arrives at Leeds at Platform 15A at 8.16am, then runs as empty rolling stock at 8.27 on a circular tour of Wakefield Kirkgate (halfhour break), Wakefield Westgate back to Leeds Platform 11c at 9.34 (5L99), before setting off back in passenger service for Sheffield at 9.48.:-?

I know platforms are a precious resource at Leeds, I didn't realise trains were "stacked" at Kirkgate.

Does it pick up another unit at Kirkgate? When you click the sheffield service, it says it then forms two services going in different directions

route101

Established Member
On Saturday the 1457 Edinburgh Waverley to Glasgow Central then formed the 1618 to East Kilbride from Central ! One of the biggest towns in Scotland getting through trains at last

johntea

Established Member
I clearly remember going back a good few years the 7:38 Castleford to Leeds then went on to Manchester Victoria

noddingdonkey

Route retention for the Wakefield Kirkgate to Westgate line? Only the depot(s) that operate the Huddersfield to Wakefield service would get to work it regularly in service, but it might be a useful diversion route for others.

causton

Established Member
This isn't new. I used to go Stockport to Bescot on a through 304 - stopping service to Stoke formed a stopping service to Birmingham formed a stopping service to Walsall

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

These days they do have through Walsall - Crewe and Liverpool services, so you can go direct to Liverpool South Parkway from Bescot Stadium which is just as good :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.