• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thumbs up for Merseyrail

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBuchananGB

Today I parked my car at Maghull, bought an Anytime Single (Railcard discount) to Hall Road, the purpose being to join an Active Sefton organised walk advertised as being from Hall Road to Maghull. Fare £3.50

On arrival, I discovered that the walk had been revised to a circular returning to Hall Road.

After the walk, I explained the situation to the booking clerk at Hall Road, fully expecting to have to buy a new single to get back to Maghull. I was well pleased when she asked for 50p and exchanged my used single for an Area C Daysaver with fare £4.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Djgr

Established Member
Today I parked my car at Maghull, bought an Anytime Single (Railcard discount) to Hall Road, the purpose being to join an Active Sefton organised walk advertised as being from Hall Road to Maghull. Fare £3.50

On arrival, I discovered that the walk had been revised to a circular returning to Hall Road.

After the walk, I explained the situation to the booking clerk at Hall Road, fully expecting to have to buy a new single to get back to Maghull. I was well pleased when she asked for 50p and exchanged my used single for an Area C Daysaver with fare £4.

A rare degree of customer focus there. Merseyrail are way better than generally portrayed in these forums. Northern, on the other hand, is much much worse.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Good to hear one of their ticket office staff being interested in more than returns to Liverpool. I hope we hear more such stories of good service that can justify their continued employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.