• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thurston (TRS) to London

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawallace

Hi

I wonder if you could help me with routing from Thurston (TRS) to London.

I notice that there are two tickets offered by National Rail website for tomorrow:-

Thurston to London Liverpool Street - (via Stowmarket / Ipswich) - £67.30 Offpeak - two adults with Two Together Railcard. This is shown as 'any permitted route' - with code 1A

Thurston to London St Pancreas - (via Cambridge) - £65.60 - which is shown as VIA Cambridge only

Question - what is the permitted route from Thurston. I seem to remember at one time it was either via Ipswich to LS / or via Cambridge to either LS or KX/ St Pancras. Is this still the case? If so can someone explain to me how it works as I have tried the routing guide with no sucess!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Hi

I wonder if you could help me with routing from Thurston (TRS) to London.

I notice that there are two tickets offered by National Rail website for tomorrow:-

Thurston to London Liverpool Street - (via Stowmarket / Ipswich) - £67.30 Offpeak - two adults with Two Together Railcard. This is shown as 'any permitted route' - with code 1A

Thurston to London St Pancreas - (via Cambridge) - £65.60 - which is shown as VIA Cambridge only

Question - what is the permitted route from Thurston. I seem to remember at one time it was either via Ipswich to LS / or via Cambridge to either LS or KX/ St Pancras. Is this still the case? If so can someone explain to me how it works as I have tried the routing guide with no sucess!
Both tickets are issued to LONDON TERMINALS according to BRFares.com, so the cheaper ticket is valid to LST but not via Ipswich.

You are right: the ANY PERMITTED ticket is valid both ways - choose a via Ipswich journey on NRE and "other journeys your ticket is valid on" shows the St Pancras route too..

Status
Not open for further replies.