• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket Advice Bdy Zone 6 to Luton Airport Parkway

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuna84

Hi everyone,
Looking for advice for a couple of friends, having stayed down for the holidays, they are flying back to Scotland today and travelling from Luton Airport. They both have Day Travelcards from Kings Langley covering 1-6. I am unsure as to whether a Boundary Zone ticket is valid on non-stop from St Pancras to Luton Airport Parkway, my gut instinct is that it isn't, this is only possible for Season tickets etc. Ideally I would like for them to be able to catch the .30 mins past the hour train from St Pancras which is non-stop to Luton Airport Parkway. However if this isn't possible (Boundary Extension tickets on day travelcards?) what ticket do they need to buy? A ticket from the last station is Zone 6, and catch a train that calls there (Elstree and Borehamwood). All help gratefully received!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tannedfrog

Yes a boundary zone ticket works with a Day Travelcard and you can use it on a non-stop train providing it doesn't say FCC only
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Not sure why they feel the need to fly rather than take the train to Scotland though!

cuna84

Ah many thanks, I fully agree with you, and during my time at Aberdeen University I always took the train!

RJ

Established Member
I've never had much of an issue using Oyster on EMT, a few times I have used a Zone 1-2, 2-3 or 2-4 Travelcard on their services. The times I have done it, the staff either haven't noticed the part of the journey "missing" from the paper tickets I presented, or they have trusted me when I say that I have a Travelcard season on my Oyster Card.

Once I did have to communicate Yorkie's phraseology of Oyster being a medium and the core Travelcard product being the same, this worked a treat. I'm of the opinion that if you are using Oyster on an intercity service, it is reasonable to expect that it may be necessary to explain a thing or two to the ticket inspector.

Status
Not open for further replies.