• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket cost for delay repay and maximum daily fare

phoenix1589

When using Oyster, and claiming delay repay, I submit a copy of the oyster summary page showing the journey and cost.

I had a journey they other day, which was delayed by over 15 minutes, but I'd already reached the maximum daily fare so the summary listed that journey at £0.

Does this mean I'm not entitled to any delay repay?

I could list the ticket price as the expected fare without the maximum fare cap, or I could treat the maximum fare as a single day travel card (which I used to say was a return ticket for delay repay) - but neither feel like the right thing to put.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
How much would the journey have cost on its own?

How many journeys did you make overall that day, and what was the cap amount?

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I would contact the relevant TOC's customer services to avoid any implication that you have submitted a fraudulent claim. I would regard the cap as representing the equivalent of a Travelcard, which is generally treated as a return for calculating Delay Repay entitlements.