• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ticket examiner question

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman0303

Hi folks after applying to be a trainee driver before and having failed 1 and not getting an interview the second time , but was put on hold. I now have applied to be a ticket examiner for which I'm equally excited at the thought of becoming successful in this application.

Any thoughts on the chances of me getting this position , ie how the short listing works etc? Hopefully il make it through the sift as I didn't when I last Iapplied for ticket examiner.

Was wondering what the assesment may hold? Though Maybe I'm running before I can walk lol.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Which TOC?

Generally the assessment should have something to do with reading timetables or a similar scenario, then also a ticket selling exercise. Really depends on which company it is.

iceman0303

Ok thanks, it's FSR hopefully il make it to that stage , really want to work for FSR in some capacity

Established Member
A lot of it will be about transferable skills, so be expected to answer quite a few of the "Tell me a time you did this" type questions. Someone will know a bit more about the assessment than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.