• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket to 'OSWESTRY BUS'

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJames

Hi all, I was looking at ways to get to Oswestry for a day out tomorrow, and on brfares.com, I've found that you can purchase a ticket to 'K342 OSWESTRY BUS'. Since Oswestry doesn't have a train station, what would the permitted route be for this ticket?

Thanks.

Edit: This is the page I was looking at: http://www.brfares.com/#!fares?orig=WVH&dest=K342&rlc=YNG

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Smethwickian

Gobowen is the nearest station and usual railhead so presumably Arriva buses 2 and 53 from Gobowen. Perhaps worth checking with that operator?
These kinds of ticket are so seldom advertised and so poorly promoted, however, that I would not be in the least bit surprised if you were to return to this forum after your visit to relate a tale of woe about bus drivers refusing the ticket.

DJames

Gobowen is the nearest station and usual railhead so presumably Arriva buses 2 and 53 from Gobowen. Perhaps worth checking with that operator?
These kinds of ticket are so seldom advertised and so poorly promoted, however, that I would not be in the least bit surprised if you were to return to this forum after your visit to relate a tale of woe about bus drivers refusing the ticket.

Thanks for the info, I'll ask Arriva about it then too. Are you the same chap of the WM Bus forum? I'm sure I recognize that username.

lyndhurst25

Established Member
The National Fares Manual 97 Rail Links book, from 2008, confirms that Gobowen is the interchange station and that the ticket is valid on Arriva Midland North buses.

Status
Not open for further replies.