• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticketing tricks when buses replace trains to Stansted

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnkleBoots

I want to travel from central London to Stansted airport on Saturday 20th Jan morning and come back on Sunday 21th Jan evening using the bus replacement.

Are there any variations on the Audley End / Elsenham / Tottenham Hale tricks when there are bus replacements? eg a ticket from B to C via A and D?

Network Railcard but no Travelcards / season tickets held.

(I'd rather not book National Express because of having to mess around with specifying which service).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
I went to visit a friend in Bishop Stortford the other weekend when the line was shut. I used the bus from Liverpool Street to Stansted Airport and my ticket of choice was a Super Off Peak Day Return from London Terminals to Elsenham.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Bring the itinerary with you (some say printing the itinerary is suspicious; I disagree but a good reason for this is highlighting the reference number as some people bring booking confirmations for collection reasons) and you will be fine. It is, after all, evidence of a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.