• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tickets in Advance in Poland

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeGee

Hi,

I'm going to Warsaw next weekend, and need to arrange a transfer from Modlin to the City Centre. It seems to me that Koleje Masowieckie is currently the best option for me to get into town.

Ideally, as my Polish is appaling, I'd like to get a lot of stuff booked in advance, which also helps me budget.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to buy train tickets for Poland in advance?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Monkey Magic

Hi,

I've had a look on the website and I tried to buy online tickets - while I could work out the price I couldn't actually buy the ticket.

The PKP train is 4zty more and you can buy that online.

http://rozklad-pkp.pl/en

The Polish would be if buying in person (apologies if I am insulting your Polish - my own is very bad):

Jedno bilety - jedna strone/tam i z powrotem - Warszawa centralna

(One ticket - one way/return - Warsaw Central).

Sometimes I will write down the Polish on a piece of paper and give it to them if my language breaks down.

DeeGee

(apologies if I am insulting your Polish - my own is very bad)

No need to apologise. I've really tried, but there's only so much time I can justify spending on a language that, for the time being, I'm only going to use for four days.

Thanks for that info, by the way.

Monkey Magic

I've bought online for PKP and had no problems with it. For 4 zloty if it is easier than dealing with a babushka in a ticket booth I would do that. (assuming timings work).

Enjoy Poland it is a great place.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
You can buy some local tickets online in advance on the rozklad site, but not others.
For instance I was able to buy Katowice-Krakow and Krakow-Oswiecim, but not Oswiecim-Czechowice or Zebrzydowice.
Probably something to do with regional boundaries I presume.

I didn't find buying tickets locally too bad.
My last Polish train had a guard who had lived in Reading for 3 years and wanted to know how the Royals were doing!

Veteran Member
I've bought online for PKP and had no problems with it. For 4 zloty if it is easier than dealing with a babushka in a ticket booth I would do that. (assuming timings work).

Enjoy Poland it is a great place.

Isn't there an issue about IC and TLK trains being reservation only.

From a quick search it looks like the KM fare is PLN17 (corrected, see D6700's post and link), but the online options won't work for non residents.

Last edited:

D6700

I'm guessing the reason you need to get from Modlin is that you are flying there.

See this link for info, including timetable of connecting buses and trains. Also note the photo at the bottom left, which is a ticket counter in the airport lobby, where you can buy tickets (the sign is in English as well as Polish).

http://en.modlinairport.pl/passenger/access/koleje-mazowieckie-trains.html

When I arrived there 18 months ago, I actually bought my ticket before I'd even got through passport/customs! There was a rep selling tickets in the arrivals area - and she spoke excellent English. I'd imagine the staff at the counter will too.

Also see the following link regarding through tickets from the airport into Warsaw:

http://www.mazowieckie.com.pl/en/airport-ticket-special-offer

Monkey Magic

Polish airports tend to be pretty good when it comes to signs and communication. I had to get a bus into Warsaw from the airport and was worried about it the first time I went but it turned out to be super easy (indicator telling you the next stop (and the Saints day))

I don't know about IC trains being reservation only - I do know that even if you buy at the station you'll be assigned a seat.

Let us know how you get on.

DeeGee

Thanks folks. I think I might just try and use what little Polish I have to have a go at buying at the airport, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.