• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Timetable for Birmingham International services

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am looking for a timetable for all departures from Birmingham international 24/7 365.Primarily it is for services to Euston but also within a radius of one hour's travel from the station.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I am looking for a timetable for all departures from Birmingham international 24/7 365.Primarily it is for services to Euston but also within a radius of one hour's travel from the station.

Try Realtime Trains?

JB_B

Established Member

As suggested above - realtimetrains is great. Something like..

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/BHI?stp=WVSC&show=all&order=wtt

..can be used as a static link for departures / arrivals. You can also get departures/arrivals for specified day with..

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/BHI/2016/03/18/0000-2359?stp=WVSC&show=all&order=wtt

You should check the terms of use ( http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/about/legal ) and if you're going to be doing anything with the data then also have a look at http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/about/developer .

Alternatively, if you're looking for a traditional style timetable covering the available timetable period (for journeys between two points) then ..

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/pockettimetable/search

could be useful.

I am having to move fom Kent to Birmingham and realtime trains doesn't produce a simple answer without further analysis

The Planner

Veteran Member
It is pretty much a standard hour timetable, Virgin are xx.00 xx.20 and xx.40 to Euston, LM xx.05 xx.30 and xx.45

JB_B

Established Member
I am having to move fom Kent to Birmingham and realtime trains doesn't produce a simple answer without further analysis

Can you specify exactly what you want to know? (I'm guessing that the "365" bit doesn't refer to a crystal ball but something to do with the availability of the solution?)

Last edited:

Veteran Member
I'm not clear what you are looking for.

If it's a timetable for Birmingham International, then it's Tables 66 and 68 in the National Rail Timetable online. If it's fast trains to London, they are on Table 66.

If you are looking for places to live within an hour of International, then RTT will give you an idea of regular direct trains but you might want to check out opportunities by changing at New Street as well, for example onto the Crosscity line.

berneyarms

Established Member
I'm not clear what you are looking for.

If it's a timetable for Birmingham International, then it's Tables 66 and 68 in the National Rail Timetable online. If it's fast trains to London, they are on Table 66.

If you are looking for places to live within an hour of International, then RTT will give you an idea of regular direct trains but you might want to check out opportunities by changing at New Street as well, for example onto the Crosscity line.

You forgot:
Table 51 for Cross Country journeys between North and South
Table 65 for services to the North West and Scotland
Table 74 for services to Shrewsbury
Table 75 for services to Chester and Holyhead
Table 76 for services to Pwllheli and Aberystwyth

Last edited:

I will be working at the airport so I need to travel at any time of the day and night every day of the year. I will probably camp out in a local hotel initially but if this drags on then I may start looking for a flat within an hours commute by rail.

berneyarms

Established Member
I will be working at the airport so I need to travel at any time of the day and night every day of the year. I will probably camp out in a local hotel initially but if this drags on then I may start looking for a flat within an hours commute by rail.

Well there is no single timetable other than the methods outlined above.

You will need to either download the tables mentioned above or the TOC timetables:

Arriva Trains Wales (Book 1)
Virgin (London-Shrewsbury, London & West Midlands-Scotland)
London Midland (London-Birmingham)
Cross Country (Scotland-South & Manchester-South)

Last edited:

The Planner

Veteran Member
There are no 24 hour services, 0540 is the first to London, 0534 to International, though the 0620 gets there first.

Veteran Member
You forgot:
Table 51 for Cross Country journeys between North and South
Table 65 for services to the North West and Scotland
Table 74 for services to Shrewsbury
Table 75 for services to Chester and Holyhead
Table 76 for services to Pwllheli and Aberystwyth

True, but all these services are indicated by column note in T68 (which is impressively complete in this respect), which is sufficient to give the OP an overview without overload, which was my aim.

Geezertronic

Established Member

Depending on where you will live, the 900 NX bus service may also offer some additional flexibility depending on what time you travel:

http://nxbus.co.uk/files/NXWestMids...ables/15th-November-changes-/B900_15Nov15.pdf

That stops at Birmingham International Train station then you hop on the "Maglev" as you would if you got the train, I am not sure if the service actually goes into the airport complex itself

* Even many years after the actual Maglev was removed, I still find myself referring to Air-Rail as Maglev :D

dzug2

, I am not sure if the service actually goes into the airport complex itself

* Even many years after the actual Maglev was removed, I still find myself referring to Air-Rail as Maglev :D

It does - the airport bus interchange

muug1982

Bus 97A runs hourly through the night to Birmingham City Centre, although I can't think of anywhere useful that it passes through for a hotel, 900 runs between Birmingham and Coventry and 966 to Solihull, but both don't run between 11:30 and 6am ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.