• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tips for bus spotting in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

devonlad

Can any tell me where the best places for bus spotting in London for numbers not photos
cheers Kelvin

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Can any tell me where the best places for bus spotting in London for numbers not photos
cheers Kelvin
Victoria Bus Station exit ( so including Wilton Road, Victoria Street etc), Hyde Park Corner (suggest south side, junction of Grosvenor Place), Marble Arch, Trafalgar Square (top of Whitehall) would be my principal suggestions, along with Aldwych, junction with Waterloo Bridge.

devonlad

Victoria Bus Station exit ( so including Wilton Road, Victoria Street etc), Hyde Park Corner (suggest south side, junction of Grosvenor Place), Marble Arch, Trafalgar Square (top of Whitehall) would be my principal suggestions, along with Aldwych, junction with Waterloo Bridge.
Thanks

sharpley

Elephant & Castle usually has a few bus spotters, around the London Rd, Newington Causeway junction normally. You get all buses heading to / from Waterloo, London Bridge, Old Kent Road there. Plenty of bus action on the Walworth Rd junction with the Elephant as well.

hassaanhc

Established Member
Stratford Bus Station is very busy with buses, and for the next few days will be popular with bus enthusiasts as the 158 changes from Stagecoach to Arriva. The 158 is the last route in London (let alone Stagecoach) to have a majority allocation of ALX400 Tridents.

Romford Station is also very busy with buses, and there you'll find the 128 which is the last route in London to have a majority allocation of ALX400 B7TLs. It changes from Arriva to Stagecoach in a few months.

If you want to stay closer to the centre, then either North Greenwich or the two bus stations in Hammersmith are also good places. At Hammersmith you may get to see London United's last remaining Pointer Darts on the 72, and the fleet of Optare Versas on the 33 is almost withdrawn too.

gka472l

Depends what you are after getting, an awful lot of stuff you would never see in Zone 1.....apart from the central area, I've visited Romford, Barking (Rte EL1,2,3 LT's), Stratford, Walthamstow, Golders Green, Edgware, Harrow, Hammersmith (Rte 267 LT's inc LT1000)....all see plenty of buses, many more places I want to visit.....a good place is St Georges Circus (just slightly north from Elephant & Castle).

HTH

6Gman

Established Member
A nice meal at the Richmond Pizza Express, window table, facing the exit from Richmond Bus Station is always nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.