• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tips for earlies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undiscovered

To double dip on this, I would add to nap when you can.
If you've a break and you're tired, nap. Even if you just close your eyes, do it. A lot of rail literature advocates it.
There are some good places out there 'Paradise Lost' is one, but anywhere will do, just set your watch alarm.

Also, eat when you can, drink when you can: Pack snacks into your kit so if you get stuck at a red or broken down in the arse end of nowhere, at least you'll have the energy to function. Good sized water bottle will see you right too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ashley Hill

Established Member
To double dip on this, I would add to nap when you can.
If you've a break and you're tired, nap. Even if you just close your eyes, do it. A lot of rail literature advocates it.
This doesn't work for me,I just wake up feeling lousy.
Also in the old days you were susceptible to pranks if you fell asleep in the messroom,warm tea in your lap for example or your traps go for a walk. Not that this happens now.

Deano4

Hello all..

Only this week I finished all my coaching and became productive.. but I have already fallen victim to not being up on time and essentially being absent and my work going to someone spare.

Can I please ask for advice as to what you do to ensure you're up on time?

I know its as simple as "set an alarm" or "wake up".. but I have zero confidence in my ability to be up in time for an early and would probably opt to stay up all night, which isn't really sensible.

Many thanks.
Best advice I can give is get 7/8 hours a night no matter what time you have to go to bed! So even if you have to go to bed a 18:00pm make sure you get your 7/8 hours. Do the same on late's, try to stick to 7/8 hours a night and don't "over sleep" because you don't have to be up early. I always found that this approach helped keep on top of the fatigue.

Status
Not open for further replies.