• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Titfield Water tower

Caleb2010

Could anyone point me in the direction of a model or kit that bears a resemblance with the water tower featured in the Titfield thunderbolt film.

i realise that it may have been a prop, but the idea must have come from something prototypical.

my daughter got me the train pack for my birthday and I’d like to make a little diorama, including the water tower, may even put the bullet holes in it!

A quick search on the web for images of it didn’t turn up anything for me, maybe someone else will get a better image and go “That’s like the Wills this or Metcalfe that!”

Please share your revelation with me

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gloster

Established Member
Having found a couple of pictures of it, I suspect it is something put up by the props department. There are, I think, a couple of books about the film which might tell you more.

Having written that, in a photo of it on the first page of The Titfield Thunderbolt Bookshop website, which might have books, it does look fairly substantial.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
So, a railside water tower looking something like this?

Titfield Thunderbolt water tower.jpg
(Still from the 1953 film "The Titfield Thunderbolt").