• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Todayyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayum

Established Member
Im wanting to go out... I live in Leeds, and it would be helpful to be back again tonight before bout half 8...

Anyone got any good ideas of where I could go??

Anything happening today?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bayum

Established Member
Is that like, a dig at me or something??

Cos it's not a very good one if it is...

thefab444

Established Member
Not neccessarily; you disregarded a trip to London due to the swine flu threat, yet other places are not a problem?

Bayum

Established Member
West Yorkshire has like, the lowest number of swine flu cases... Apparently...

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
As it's a Sunday it is unlikely. Are you sure you won't get swine flu?

Thats a stupid comment to make about swine flu.

But I would agree on one point with CeliaDrummond,are you sure you want to go out on a sunday,as trains services are slower than usual,but I would recomend monday as train service are half-hourly apart (well they are where I live),unlike the hour apart services which are on sundays.
Regards

Jordy

Established Member
Surely you don't think that all weekday services run with a 30/40 minute frequency...?

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
No,but down here (Grove Park) trains usually run 30-mins apart with some 40-mins apart,anway I dont keep up on timetables and I go by the station clock:lol:!
Regards

MCR247

Established Member
So why did you put trains are 30-40 mins apart at Grove Park when Bayum is on about Leeds?

thefab444

Established Member
Thats a stupid comment to make about swine flu.

And you've just made a stupid comment about train frequencies.

It was merely a question directed at Bayum, as he chickened out of a London trip due to the risk of catching swine flu - according to another member he has a "a condition", the details of which I am not privy to.

Last edited:

Aussie_Rail

Swine flu is so overrated though, at first people were worried about it then, those that did catch it said they have had worse paper cuts and then people just stopped caring about and threw away all the face marks etc and now people just carry on with their lives like nothing is happening.

The fact that its causing such panic in some places is hard to believe and wonders whether the media or too cautious governments are to blame?

And 30-40 minute frequencies isn't all that good for a Monday, although conditions do apply as it depends on what sort of service you are talking about.

Bayum

Established Member
And you've just made a stupid comment about train frequencies.

It was merely a question directed at Bayum, as he chickened out of a London trip due to the risk of catching swine flu - according to another member he has a "a condition", the details of which I am not privy to.

I do have a "condition" actually... So, that best not be like that, because you think im lying...

As it happens - my sister might have it, so i've been moved out of the house into a "safehouse" in case I catch it off my sister, and my house has to be "deinfected" through deep cleaning within the week after she's been on tamiflu for 5 days.

So, it is quite a big deal to me actually, and as it has been said in the news - the 30 people that have died from Swine Flu so far in the UK have all had underlying conditions - like me. Now, I don't know about you - But i'm only 19, I dont wanna die just yet.

So, think before you start posting crap like this yeah ??

thefab444

Established Member
I did have a think, there are a number of pointers which lead me to the possible identity of your condition - but as I am not qualified to give medical judgements, it is nothing more than speculation. If I'm correct, I certainly don't think you are lying - why would anyone lie about having this particular condition?

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
I do have a "condition" actually... So, that best not be like that, because you think im lying...

As it happens - my sister might have it, so i've been moved out of the house into a "safehouse" in case I catch it off my sister, and my house has to be "deinfected" through deep cleaning within the week after she's been on tamiflu for 5 days.

So, it is quite a big deal to me actually, and as it has been said in the news - the 30 people that have died from Swine Flu so far in the UK have all had underlying conditions - like me. Now, I don't know about you - But i'm only 19, I dont wanna die just yet.

So, think before you start posting crap like this yeah ??

I dont think you have much chance of catching swine flu.

I was traveling around london a couple of days ago and I went on busses crowded with people coffing and sneezing,and the trains I travelled on were the same but I have not got swine flu.

The goverment are over-rating "Swine-Flu" and making it out to be worse than It actually is and making people scared about when theres nothing to be scared about.

MCR247

Established Member
Bayum: You probably have almost the same chance of getting swine fl in london as you do on a train!

Status
Not open for further replies.