• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tom Petty 1950-2017 RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
I saw some sad news in today's London Evening Standard in that Tom Petty has passed away after having took a heart attack.

Here is one of my favourite Tom Petty songs:

Music legend Tom Petty has died in hospital after being found unconscious at his home.

The 66-year-old lead singer of the band Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers had suffered a cardiac arrest and was rushed to a Los Angeles hospital but could not be saved, his manager Tony Dimitriades said.

He was 66 and had just finished a 40th anniversary tour with the Heartbreakers, which included a headline performance at British Summer Time in Hyde Park in July.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nlogax

Established Member
Very sad, 66 was way too soon.

Dont Come Around Here No More is my personal favorite. There's a proper sordid Hollywood tale behind it concerning Dave Stewart, Stevie Nicks and Jimmy Iovine - good background here.

Established Member
Very sad, 66 was way too soon.

Dont Come Around Here No More is my personal favorite. There's a proper sordid Hollywood tale behind it concerning Dave Stewart, Stevie Nicks and Jimmy Iovine - good background here.

Thanks for posting the story behind the song. Both Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks would be included in my Desert Island Discs. Wish I could have been at their Hyde Park gig in London in the summer. Refugee just edges my favourite Tom Petty song but many others run it close.

Groningen

Established Member
Looking out to the east with a full Moon. Some kind of link with his album "Full Moon Fever". Some jokes were made about his supportband. Hope not that Joan Jett and the Black Hearts will suffer the same faith. Remember appearance at the Superbowl where it was not clear whether he playbacked or sang really live. At least he did not die from an overdose of any kind! #rip

D6975

Established Member
Second only to Pink Floyd in my CD collection, 13 albums.
Another great musician lost.
Only two Wilburys left now.
RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.