• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tomtom and the 2g sim problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomtoms have a built-in 2g sim for live traffic updates but in some areas (eg Australia) the mobile phone networks have turned off the 2g system. The 2g sim effectively allowed free data roaming.

There was a dedicated tomtom forum which is still indexed by search engines, but it has been turned off so you can't see the discussions. So what we are left with is just some comments on random car owner's forums.

I've got a Tomtom which can't connect and I can't work out if it's a 2g problem, a Tomtom server problem or something else.

Any ideas please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
The UK is not turning off 2G, at least not yet.

I think as others have said you would need to contact their customer services and ask why it isn't connecting. It may be that an old unit is no longer supported.

Contact TomTom customer service would be the logical option.

I think as others have said you would need to contact their customer services and ask why it isn't connecting.

Thank you. From what I have read elsewhere, this would be a waste of time as they would just take me through the troubleshooting steps outlined online, but maybe I'll try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.