• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tonbridge Yard West Closing GBRF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneBarker

I have been told that Tonbridge Yard West Closing and GBRF are moving ? Is this true i really hope not

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trainmania100

Established Member
Where will they be moving to? Horsham?
Otherwise where will my local RHTT loco hauled services come from

MrB

This would be a shame, I enjoy seeing the various freight workings while at the station.

steamybrian

Established Member
The yard is always busy so where would the services go.!
At 1020 this morning in the yard were one class 66 plus 5 X 73s plus several rows of engineering wagons.

465fan

Aren't GBRf just leasing some roads to Colas Infrastructure Monitoring? Don't imagine they will be closing down a very valuable asset!

ShaneBarker

Just had a email direct from GBRF about Tonbridge West Yard and its no closing

Good news :p

Last edited:

83G/84D

Established Member
DB are reported to be moving staff out of Bristol Barton Hill and relocating them to Westbury. I am not sure what work DB has or had at Bristol other than trains to Avonmouth / Portbury.

ShaneBarker

Its nice to have a GBRF yard local to myself which is only 1hr away , i need to find a frieght timetable now

fgwrich

Established Member
DB are reported to be moving staff out of Bristol Barton Hill and relocating them to Westbury. I am not sure what work DB has or had at Bristol other than trains to Avonmouth / Portbury.

I'm not surprised really, I cant think of anything else covered by Barton Hill that Westbury wouldn't be able to do - other than the maintenance side which I think is just left at Barton Hill these days anyway, although isn't that or part of the rolling stock maintenance on BH done by DB/Arriva's LNWR anyway?

With contracts changing hands all round all the time, there's going to be quite a few changes going on - Not least in the Coal and NDS delivery sectors. We've already seen Freightliner take over DBs reign of the South Wales coal traffic and the rise of Colas and GB on the Network Rail NDS stuff.

Going back to GB & Colas - I saw one of GBs 66s coupled to Colas's 66847 in Eastleigh yesterday - Is there a GB 66 on hire to Colas at the moment?

83G/84D

Established Member
Colas are short of a class 70 with 70803 still out of action following it's collision in Devon a while ago. Colas hired in a DB 66 recently so it is possible that they have hired in a 66 from GBRf.

Status
Not open for further replies.