• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Too much knowledge = I lose out...Delay Repay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal_gee_man

Hey, I have an advance ticket booked today, I know from keeping up with online feeds & X that my local line isn't running any services down it due to flooding, this has resulted in the last few days EMR just cancelling everything and putting nothing in replacement.

Today they've put on Rail Replacements, the old journeys are still on the planner and now are the new bus journeys, they've timed them so badly so that getting the earlier one isn't an option for me, and the one designated for my service is too late and will result in me missing my LNER connection.

Am I the a*rehole for just refusing to adjust my day to try and keep my reservations and connections for something that isn't my fault? And accordingly it'll make me over an hour late so I will more than likely claim for a delay repay.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
When was the timetable changed? If it was before 10pm last night you won’t be able to claim Delay Repay based on the original timetable.

sheff1

Established Member
When was the timetable changed? If it was before 10pm last night you won’t be able to claim Delay Repay based on the original timetable.
You can make a claim. Whether the claim is approved is another matter.

If I was in such circumstances I would put a claim in and see what happened - nothing to lose except a couple of minutes completing the DR form.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.