• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tornado Painting

Status
Not open for further replies.

james green

Hi Im new to here so be gentle!! Im a professional artist based in Peterborough and I have just completed my first painting of a steam train 'Tornado' which to took me 6 months to complete.

Please check feel free if anyone is interested to follow the link to my website http://www.jamesgreenart.co.uk/tornado_wip.php here you see the finished painting and how I built it up from start to finish.

Because of the interested ive had in this painting I defiantly painting more trains.

Anyway hope this interests some of you, thanks James

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dai.

Established Member
That is a brilliant painting, it looks almost lifelike. I say almost, it looks exactly like someone has taken a picture.

Are you planning on painting anymore?
Mallard would be a nice one to see painted like this.

Keep up the good work.

kentuckytony

Very nicely done! WOW!
[Tried to leave a comment on your sight but it didn't ever like how or where I put in the characters from the bottom of the comment section. What's the secret?]

james green

Thanks Dai, my next train painting is going to be - BR Standard Class 7 No. "70013 Oliver Cromwell" heading up to BR Standard Class 8 No. "71000 Duke Of Gloucester" in a very powerful double header.

mumrar

Established Member
Put simply that is just stunning work, an image evoking the thoughts if the raw mechanical power of the loco. Your choice of next locos is wonderful too, particularly as Duke of Gloucester is my favourite of all the crop of preserved mainline steam locomotives. Cromwell is a very fine engine too, if only I had your abilities and patience I would love to try and paint one of my own photographs of it, but sadly that's just a dream.

james green

That odd Tony, I just done a test comment and it worked! You have to leave your Name (you dont have to leave email) , if you have done that just put in the characters (if they are caps I think you have to put them in as caps!)

Glad you like the painting anyway. Cheers

danfitz123

Hi Im new to here so be gentle!! Im a professional artist based in Peterborough and I have just completed my first painting of a steam train 'Tornado' which to took me 6 months to complete.

Please check feel free if anyone is interested to follow the link to my website http://www.jamesgreenart.co.uk/tornado_wip.php here you see the finished painting and how I built it up from start to finish.

Because of the interested ive had in this painting I defiantly painting more trains.

Anyway hope this interests some of you, thanks James

Very Nice. Hope to see more! :D

Daimler

Established Member
Really fantastic work - whenever I look at something like this, the same thought crosses my mind - namely, that I can't even conceive of how such a thing is done.

Hugely impressive!

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Absolutely amazing; far better than any of my own efforts. I've had a good look round your website and I would say your quality is consistently extremely high. Keep it up.:)

kentuckytony

James G - I finally figured out where to put the code on your site for a comment.
I am blaming my cataracts for making it hard to see the entry box on the screen. (Operation this week!).
Are you strictly a "steam man"?

james green

Thank you all for the great comments Ive received so far about my work, its all very encouraging. Kentucky Tony Im mainly a "steam man" but after Ive painted a few more steam trains Im sure I will venture into other forms of rail art.

Skimble19

Established Member
I thought that was a photo demonstrating what you were painting when I first clicked! That is truly amazing, well done.. It's always nice to see there are still people with a genuine artistic talent out there still rather than all this modern art malarkey.. but anyway, keep up the good work :)

james green

I thought that was a photo demonstrating what you were painting when I first clicked! That is truly amazing, well done.. It's always nice to see there are still people with a genuine artistic talent out there still rather than all this modern art malarkey.. but anyway, keep up the good work :)

Thank you Skimble, my work often gets over looked as at first glance as people can often think they are looking at photos! I take it as a compliment if they do :D

Im with you on the 'modern art malarkey' not my cup of tea and often frustrating when I see very little effort put into work yet with great recognition!

kentuckytony

I have always enjoyed painters who were of the "photorealism", "super-realism" or "hyperrealism" schools.

James, I am not enough of an art maven to know if you classify yourself in any of these genres, but I know what I like when I look at art and I like your work however you classify it.

Plus with a subject of trains (and I know you do other things - fish, etc.) I am even a bigger fan. One day I would love a James Green Deltic print in my study!

Dear all,

We at CSRE, never one to miss an opportunity, saw this posting here and were totally blown away with the work that James created. After doing some thinking and talking with James, we decided to invite him to create a series of art works, based on our proposed product range.

The first, "Snow at Stowe" depicts a Polaris set in GNWR livery at Stowe Hill near Weedon in Northants on a snowy afternoon, early in 2014 (ORR permitting!).

We have decided to offer a run of 200 signed limited edition prints, with all proceeds going to the Railway Benefit Fund.

Please feel free to take a look at the work, here, and if you think the work is good and the cause worthy, please order a print.

Many thanks,

David Shipley,
Managing Director, CSRE Limited.

P.S. I hope the admin here will allow this posting, as this is not a commercial plug, but an effort to support a good cause.

mumrar

Established Member
Dear all,

We at CSRE, never one to miss an opportunity, saw this posting here and were totally blown away with the work that James created. After doing some thinking and talking with James, we decided to invite him to create a series of art works, based on our proposed product range.

The first, "Snow at Stowe" depicts a Polaris set in GNWR livery at Stowe Hill near Weedon in Northants on a snowy afternoon, early in 2014 (ORR permitting!).

We have decided to offer a run of 200 signed limited edition prints, with all proceeds going to the Railway Benefit Fund.

Please feel free to take a look at the work, here, and if you think the work is good and the cause worthy, please order a print.

Many thanks,

David Shipley,
Managing Director, CSRE Limited.

P.S. I hope the admin here will allow this posting, as this is not a commercial plug, but an effort to support a good cause.
Well, I think this is surely a very welcome outcome for the artist, and also a satisfactory business move too. The paintings are very slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.