• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TP Express seat reservation

lfc84

I hope I am posting in the correct place. I've booked 2 adults and 2 children on the following services

I used the TPE app and requested table seats.

I've been allocated Coach: A Seats: 35 , 36 , 38 , 39.
and
Coach: A Seats: 11 , 12 , 14 , 15
The TPE website seems to indicate the train will be Nova 2.
Looking at the seat plan it would appear the four seats aren't at the same table.
I contacted TPE on WhatsApp and they said the system won't allow them to change the seats.

Is there any way of getting the seat reservations fixed ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
In both cases you have 3 together and one across the aisle. Is it possible that the odd window seat is already reserved?

lfc84

In both cases you have 3 together and one across the aisle. Is it possible that the odd window seat is already reserved?
It's possible, but would be surprised. I think the services went on sale today. The advance purchase page on the website still says "up to 1 June". I just happened to check and noticed 28 & 29 June were available by pure luck

Quick update: a different customer service rep has reserved 4 table seats. They've said my e-tickets won't be updated but they've send me a screenshot of their system showing the seats and a (new/different) reference

northwichcat

Established Member
Just had a play around with it. Seems the way to get 2 adults and 2 children sat around the same table is to specify both the window and table preferences. If you don't specify the window preference you may get more than 2 aisle seats.

As part of the booking process it does say something like:
Coach: B
Seat: 49: Table, Window
Seat: 50: Table, Aisle
Seat: 53: Table, Window
Seat: 54: Aisle, Table

We'll always do our best to find the best seat for you.
Change your seats (button)

So if it lists 3 x aisle seats it should be obvious that it's not allocated you 4 seats around one table, before you click pay, even if you haven't looked at a seating plan.