• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Anytime return 1st class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trackman

Established Member
Can you sit in first class on a TPE train at weekends with an anytime ticket?
I might be confused with another TOC.
I think season ticket holders can.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
It is Virgin Trains. It is still current:
On weekends and Bank Holidays, upgrading to First Class on Virgin Trains is free of charge if a Standard Class Anytime ticket is held.
https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/46557.aspx#Weekend_First

Having said that, I once had one of their train managers decide use a British Transport Police officer to remove me from the train (which, obviously, was a success) for taking them up on this offer, which the train manager claimed never existed. So very railway industry, in other words.

mikeg

Established Member
Good luck using the TPE first class weekend offer on a Saturday night. When I had such a season ticket the security guards stood outside first class on the last couple of services to Middlesbrough repeatedly tried to deny me access, sometimes without even asking to see my ticket. I always won the argument but it left a rather nasty impression that I'm too working-class to be allowed to travel in first.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Having said that, I once had one of their train managers decide use a British Transport Police officer to remove me from the train (which, obviously, was a success) for taking them up on this offer, which the train manager claimed never existed.

I hope a strongly worded complaint went to VT about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.