• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE E-Ticket App Completely Stopped Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miken

The TPE App has completely failed this week. With several bookings on my account I'm now having to dig out and print pdf copies to avoid the ignomy of being challenged by staff or Revenue Protection on board. I've exchanged phone calls and emails with TPE Customer Relations, they apologise a lot but do absolutely nothing. I'm taking my ticket business elsewhere so I guess a loss of commission to TPE on tickets amounting to several thousands of pounds annually. Are other travellers who normally use this App experiencing the same (recent reviews on the App Store would suggest this is a widespread problem.)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aaron1

Albeit not travelling this week, I am travelling a few times next week and all my tickets on the TPE app is showing as fine for me.

mike57

Established Member
I had been using the app since around 2018 and it has always been flaky, but instead of getting better it seems to be worse after each update, I dont use it now, the nectar points are good, but not worth the pain of the unreliability.

Issues included not being able to complete purchases, logging out after every use requiring multiple log-ins over the course of a journey, failure to find e-tickets bought on other platforms, issues with displaying previously bought tickets when there is no data connection (as in tickets appear and then disappear again) etc etc.

I now use the Northern app with no problems at all (fingers crossed) since I started using it about 18 months ago. It looks to be a totally different software development, it certainly seems to handle mobile tickets in a totally different way.

py_megapixel

Established Member
I'm not having these problems; the app works fine on my Samsung Galaxy S9.

You don't need to print the PDFs, you can just save them to your phone and show them like that.

setdown

The app is also missing the SWR Evening Out Returns that are available in other apps such as Trainline, Trainsplit and SWR. I emailed them about this and received a response along the lines of "advance tickets are subject to limited availability". Eh?

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
The app is also missing the SWR Evening Out Returns that are available in other apps such as Trainline, Trainsplit and SWR. I emailed them about this and received a response along the lines of "advance tickets are subject to limited availability". Eh?

The problem is that companies don't value customer services enough to have the staff skilled or enabled enough to give anything more than platitudes. That exact model was never sustainable, but in the days when David Whitley (a senior manager) ran the LM Twitter single-handed, if you reported something it got fixed very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.