• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE E-Ticket - print or app?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I have a journey booked from Haymarket to Preston with Transpennine, but I’m slightly confused as to whether I need to print my E-ticket or not. Any advice is appreciated.

The ticket has appeared in the TPE app and has a QR code, but the instructions in my confirmation email read:

‘You have chosen E Ticket, which means you are responsible for printing your own tickets. If you have not already printed your tickets, please open and print the attached PDF, containing all the tickets purchased in this order. Alternatively, if the attachment is missing or you are unable to open the attachment, click here to access your travel documents from "My Bookings". You will be prompted to login to access your account.
You must ensure your device is sufficiently charged to show the ticket for the entire duration of your journey.’

If I present the ticket on the app on the train will I be okay? I can provide further details if necessary.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JaJaWa

Established Member
You can display it in any form: in the app, in a PDF on a device, printed off, or in Apple Wallet.

_toommm_

Established Member
That’s how I interpreted it, but the instructions aren’t particularly clear. Thanks!

The TPE app randomly logs you out in my experience and stops you accessing your tickets until you log in again, so depending on whether your journey has reliable phone signal, it may be an idea to have the PDF downloaded as a ‘just in case’.

Status
Not open for further replies.