• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Group Save

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarbear

Established Member
Hello

I've recently purchased a Group Save fare for 4 people travelling between Liverpool & Leeds on 31 March. I've since found out that one of my travelling companions on the day has done the same, so we now have two sets of tickets. D'oh! :!: Having consulted with my travelling companions, we've opted to retain their tickets for the original journey on 31 March, and move the date of travel for the set of ticket I've bought to a later date.

I paid £58.00 for four people, so I think the tickets are the £7.25 tier AP fares shown on BR Fares for each leg. As such, I assume these carry the usual T&C's of an Advance Purchase ticket, in that they're non-refundable, but can be amended for a fee.

My question is, how much will the fee be? Is is £10 for the whole transaction, or £10 per ticket (which could work out rather expensive given that there are 8 tickets in total)?

Also, I assume I can do the amendment on-line, or is there another way of addressing the issue?

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FQTV

Also, I assume I can do the amendment on-line, or is there another way of addressing the issue?

Cheers

In asking whether you can do the amendment online, it suggests that you purchased them on the TPE website.

If so, then there's no amendment fee for TPE Advance purchases on their site, only any prevailing fare difference.

In any event, investigating the implications of changing of a ticket online won't cost you anything up to the point of clicking 'Buy' after your card details have been entered, by which time any cost for the change will have been calculated and shown.

Polarbear

Established Member
Thanks. Yes, I purchased the tickets through the TPE site, so I should be able to amend the tickets in the future.

Cheers.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
TPE now offer free amendments to Advance fares bought on their website. If the website can’t handle a change to these tickets, ring them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.