• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE route disruption (Huddersfield) Fri 24/05/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Heading from Huddersfield into Leeds this afternoon and the station is rather chaotic with cancellations aplenty, apparently due to a signalling failure. Seems to be affecting all routes out of Huddersfield except towards Sheffield.

A heads-up for anyone going that way, does anyone know what the issue is?

EDIT: NRE now saying the fault is in the Deighton area... Bradley junction probably.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Also, just left on the 1522 to Hull, departed at 1531 after a longish dwell but we're now sat on the viaduct having moved about 100 metres!

greyman42

Established Member
Heading from Huddersfield into Leeds this afternoon and the station is rather chaotic with cancellations aplenty, apparently due to a signalling failure. Seems to be affecting all routes out of Huddersfield except towards Sheffield.

A heads-up for anyone going that way, does anyone know what the issue is?

EDIT: NRE now saying the fault is in the Deighton area... Bradley junction probably.
The information board at York says the delays are due to the weather.

SideshowBob

It would seem that there was also a broken down train at Ashburys (Greater Manchester) earlier:

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/221896.aspx
National Rail Enquiries said:
Trains are now running as normal between Manchester Piccadilly and Bredbury / Hadfield / Stalybridge, after a train broke down at Ashburys

It would also seem that there are/were overhead wire problems at Leyland (Lancs) which will no doubt be causing/contributing to delays/congestion in the Manchester area:

http://m.nationalrail.co.uk/pj/disruption/details/C20EE798F2DC414D94CC7059B6B29A50

I've got both of the links above from the mobile version of the NRE website; my phone has magically converted one of them from a mobile link to a normal web link, but, for reasons that defeat me, not the other.

National Rail Enquiries said:
Some lines have been reopened following damage to the overhead electric wires near Leyland.

We anticipate disruption will continue until the end of day.

Last edited:

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
There was a signal refusing to clear in the Deighton area affecting services towards Leeds. A points failure at Manchester Oxford Road also added to the delays. My 1P33 was 45 late into Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.