TPE SCAAT test

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by Geordielad1847, 22 Jun 2019.

1. Geordielad1847

Geordielad1847 New Member

I have the group bourdon tool from this site, which got me through the gbt many years ago. I am going to be taking the SCAAT test for TPE. Does anyone know who has done it recently wether it is paper based or online? If paper based, do you circle the answers or put a line through? This is all important for practice.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. GJL9916

GJL9916 Member

I don’t know for a fact with TPE but with others it’s obviously computer test if you do it online but if you get invited to an assessment day then it’s pen and paper.

And worth noting for me it was letters I was marking on the online test but when I got to the pen and paper stage it was symbols which is a lot tougher.

It’s also crossing the symbols rather than circling.

Good luck!

4. Geordielad1847

That's great! Thanks for the reply. It is important to know how to mark them because if you practice circling, then you have to put a cross through them, it will definitely slow you down. Crosses it is!

5. Geordielad1847

Also, does anyone know how long you get per sheet? This setting can be adjusted on the GBT tool.

6. GJL9916

GJL9916 Member

Pretty sure it was 3 minutes on each sheet, certainly no longer.

7. Trainguy90

Trainguy90 Member

TPE SCAAT is paper based, and you just put a line through the shape your looking for
    Can’t remember the exact time limit per page but you’ll be lucky to get very far down it but remember it’s accuracy just as much as speed

Practicing can probably help but you get a couple of practice lines which I found more than enough as it’s a pretty simple exercise otherwise

8. Geordielad1847

Thank you for your reply :)