• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Trainee Conductor Talent Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capp31

Hi all, It is my first time posting on here, so any help would be much appreciated.

I applied for the role of Trainee Conductor with TPE back in April. It was for their York Depot Talent Pool. In June, I went to the Assessment Centre of which I was successful. I then had my final interview with two Onboard Service Managers in Mid July. I believe this went very well, and I was asked, that if I successful would I be free to start training from the start of this month(Sept'). I was told I would be informed the following week.

That was 7 weeks ago now. I did email First Group Careers asking for an update, and they responded saying that there are no further updates and will be contacted once they have been updated regarding the next stage of my application.

Since then, TPE have advertised for Qualified Conductors for the depot. I understand my application was the talent pool, but I'm a bit frustrated with them telling me they would let me know within a week and then hearing anything.

Is this par for the course? Is no news good news? If I was not successful, would they have let me know straight away?

Any advice or guidance would be very welcome, I'm kind of in limbo about make decisions about work and even taking time for a holiday.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dfh92

I’m in a similar position minus the interview stage, I completed the application and online assessment on 24th June for trainee conductor position out of Liverpool L St. I heard nothing, was coming home from my holiday start of August, when TPEX advertised the same vacancy again, I was baffled, so contacted them by email and asked I hadn’t heard anything back from outcome of online assessment. I was informed I have passed this stage and to wait for the next stage of my application, I’m still waiting now, I emailed two weeks back and they did say we are awaiting the next stage of your application when a manager gives us confirmation. If you don’t mind me asking, what is the next stage after the online assessment? I’ve done the application, online multiple choice question assessment, I’m just awaiting the next stage, is it a bourbon test? If so I’ve been practising already. DM if easier? Thanks.

Fozz94

Has anyone who applied for the conductor talent pool heard back? I've heard nothing but my online application just says 'submitted'

Status
Not open for further replies.