• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeaTrain

I see. Perhaps you did better than I if you will hear within the week!

I'm guessing that they let the ones they are certain of a pass or fail know straight away.

While the ones they are not sure of have to wait a bit longer as they work it out? Who knows!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Shearer9

I see. Perhaps you did better than I if you will hear within the week!

I'm guessing that they let the ones they are certain of a pass or fail know straight away.

While the ones they are not sure of have to wait a bit longer as they work it out? Who knows!
Not a clue, this whole train driver application process can be head scratching at times from what I have read on this forum. As soon as I hear anything I'll let you know.

LittleWidget

Throughout this process one thing I've noticed is that if you've failed you seem to find out pretty quickly but if you pass you have a longer wait to hear. At least that's my theory and I'm hoping that it holds up with having waited so long to find out.

CreamNCookies

Throughout this process one thing I've noticed is that if you've failed you seem to find out pretty quickly but if you pass you have a longer wait to hear. At least that's my theory and I'm hoping that it holds up with having waited so long to find out.

I agree, i hadnt heard about my MMI and back of my mind i was thinking because they hadn't arranged NCL DMI dates.

Upon contacting TPE to chase my result, this was confirmed.

Pretty sure if you dont manage to pass a part, they'll tell you quickly.

Moose27

Yep, more of a conversation this time and agree that they were both good blokes. I'm sure the MMI was designed to try and get some form of reaction from you.

I was told that we should find out next week what the result is, I would not have thought they will be able to get medicals etc done in time for the 20th.

I’m starting on 30th - I’d be surprised if it was 20th, as that’s not a Monday, but who knows?!

Originally I was asked to start with 2 weeks notice and then was given a medical date of today, which was after my start date, so I think they’re even willing to do that! (As it happens, medical is still today, so let’s hope the body holds up :lol:)

dan4291

Yeaterday was the last day of stage 2 assessments. Did mine on Wednesday and the assessor said they're sending the results to TPE some time today, so for those that have been waiting a while hopefully there will be some progress fairly soon, although I was told I'd find out within 2 weeks or so.

TeaTrain

Well I just opened my email to say I was successful and have a conditional offer of employment for Manchester Pic! I can't believe it as I had my DMI yesterday but I feel on top of the world!

The real work begins now! I was told 20th of March..but that the date is subject to change. Did you sign a contract @Moose27? I don't doubt your information as your one step ahead of me having done the medical etc. Its just confusing me a bit!

Hmm I still have to wait for my medical to be booked. It was a simple email saying that I would hear shortly for the medical date.

Good luck to everyone else and looking forward to making some new friends along this journey!

CreamNCookies

TeaTrain - Congratulations! I know you were on the same Stage 2 as me, so it has been good to see someone from my group pass and get the offer.

I can only hope I pass my DMI... When I finally have it.

TeaTrain

You will be fine! They are a really nice bunch of people and do what they can to make you feel comfy!

Grannyjoans

TPE is not the easiest company to get into as a trainee. Even qualified drivers sometimes get turned down!

CreamNCookies

You will be fine! They are a really nice bunch of people and do what they can to make you feel comfy!
I'm really excited for the DMI, i'm also hoping it'll be in Newcastle and not a ride away. Time will tell.

But I wish you all the best, and again well done!

Moose27

Well I just opened my email to say I was successful and have a conditional offer of employment for Manchester Pic! I can't believe it as I had my DMI yesterday but I feel on top of the world!

The real work begins now! I was told 20th of March..but that the date is subject to change. Did you sign a contract @Moose27? I don't doubt your information as your one step ahead of me having done the medical etc. Its just confusing me a bit!

Hmm I still have to wait for my medical to be booked. It was a simple email saying that I would hear shortly for the medical date.

Good luck to everyone else and looking forward to making some new friends along this journey!

Congratulations!!!! I had a good feeling for you (I mean, I only base that on your posts but you know)

Yes I’m fully contracted. Apparently my course was intended to be for Manchester and Glasgow drivers as they’re trying to train by traction type, but they shifted me on in order to make it work for me. The HR rep was really lovely about it. So my gut would be you’ll get 30th too, so I guess we’ll meet then!

my contract came through the day after the success email so you shouldn’t be waiting long.

Yabba

That's brilliant. I'm still waiting for my results of my Manchester DMI. I fear it will only be bad news now.....

Shearer9

Congrats TeaTrain, nothing for me yet, early days but guessing may not be good news. Will wait and see......

Mike121

congrats! Welcome to the team ;-D

TeaTrain

Ha Ha thanks @Mike121! The real work begins!

My interviewers were very nice and it was easy to chat with them. I can say I felt very comfortable being around them and the people in the mess room. I was a guard before so am used to the railway banter!

Grannyjoans

No I'm at Arriva Rail North but looking at moving to TPE to get away from the constant stop-start 80 stops a day work we have here

TeaTrain

I know what you mean! I was a guard for HHD when it was Arriva Trains Wales too.

There was quite a few stops along the route on some of our diagrams. Especially if you were doing all stops.

Good luck in getting to move!

TeaTrain

Unlucky but at least you got all the stage 1 and 2 tests complete so it will be straight to DMI for you next time!

That's what I was telling myself after yesterday too because it's difficult to even get an interview in the process I think.

BoroAndy

Interesting comment about courses, depots and traction. Any ideas what training dates for what depots. Some depots, particularly in the east, have had no comments on here at all

LittleWidget

Unlucky but at least you got all the stage 1 and 2 tests complete so it will be straight to DMI for you next time!

That's what I was telling myself after yesterday too because it's difficult to even get an interview in the process I think.

yeh, just need to keep an eye open for driver vacancies with Abellio and others that work out of Scotland.

TeaTrain

You will get there for sure.

I have been trying for some years now. It really is about perseverance!

TeaTrain

I am still waiting for my medical. Even now its torture waiting!

I have to keep re-reading the last email to check...

Status
Not open for further replies.