• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Trainee Train Drivers - Manchester & York (21/09/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitch31

Did you get on to error checking?
Nope lol i answered the questions the same as last time too, cos I took pics of them so looks like I’m out bit **** considering I got to the last hurdle last time

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NorthernTech

Nope lol i answered the questions the same as last time too, cos I took pics of them so looks like I’m out bit **** considering I got to the last hurdle last time
If you answered them the same as last time but didn’t progress then perhaps they have increased their pass standard on the test?? Cant see how else you would pass once and fail this time otherwise.

Jake7224

Completed the error checking test yesterday, think I just submitted the 25th question then time ran out. Guessing they look for a good balance of quality and quantity. Just a waiting game now, my first time applying for a toc so I’m not too sure what time scales they work to.

BlueMike26

I applied for this too. Got to around 28 on the error checking, timed out as I was clicking submit on another. Not holding my breath but I'm confident I got all the ones I submitted correct.

Treadstone

How difficult is the error checking tests? Is it similar to any of the standard tests that form the main opc assesments?

iwasyoungonce

Depends on what your definition of difficult is, in reality most people would say they are easy, its because your up against the clock that it sorts the wheat from the chaff

fabs

Sift will be done on percentile. So the results effectively league tabled. You may have got the same score as last time but depends on how everyone else did.

LokiB

Just had an email to say I've not made it to the next stage.
I'm fairly confident it's the SJT that has done me, I seem to second guess myself on the answers.

Zontar

I'm fairly confident it's the SJT that has done me, I seem to second guess myself on the answers.
Sorry to hear that. Had you done the error checking test too?

Magsdynamos

I haven’t heard anything yet either . Done both SJT and error check . Hoping no news is good news

Sorry to hear that ! Onwards and upwards . Which depot did you apply for

Last edited:

LokiB

It was York. I think my CV is strong and very confident I did well on the error checking but seem to let myself down with the SJT I reckon.
Not too downhearted, just know I need to work harder and practice it for next time.
Good luck to everyone else still waiting, I hope it's positive news for you all.

BlueMike26

It was York. I think my CV is strong and very confident I did well on the error checking but seem to let myself down with the SJT I reckon.
Not too downhearted, just know I need to work harder and practice it for next time.
Good luck to everyone else still waiting, I hope it's positive news for you all.
I didn't attach a CV to my application. I didn't see anywhere to do it? Just answered questions about my education and work. Did the SJT and error checking but heard nothing yet. I applied for Manchester though.

Hope I've not shot myself in the foot with that oversight, I had just come back from the dentist and I wasn't my best self.

Last edited:

Magsdynamos

I didn't attach a CV to my application. I didn't see anywhere to do it? Just answered questions about my education and work. Did the SJT and error checking but heard nothing yet. I applied for Manchester though.

Hope I've not shot myself in the foot with that oversight, I had just come back from the dentist and I wasn't my best self.
I didn’t attach a cv either . Don’t think there was a area for it ? Maybe I’m wrong too . Sat Both tests and also applied for Manchester

LokiB

I didn't have to attach the CV to my application, it's just on my profile where I applied through, they might not even look at it tbh.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
The key with railway roles (especially driver positions) is to have patience in abundance!

Trainrave

It took 40 days between competing the SJT online to being invited to the 1st stage assessment centre when I completed them last year.

feaky4

I have just received an email to say I have been successful and to await an invite for the psychometric 9th attempt and 3 years later I never thought I’d get this far bloody scared ha ha

D Rivers

I have just received an email to say I have been successful and to await an invite for the psychometric 9th attempt and 3 years later I never thought I’d get this far bloody scared ha ha
Oh well done!! Hope I’m next!

Status
Not open for further replies.